Bacon and chocolate, caramel and cheddar… Is there an unorthodox food pairing you really enjoy? Share with us the weirdest combo you’re willing to admit that you like — and how you discovered it.
In response to this daily prompt; I will provide a list of the food pairings I enjoy
I have no trouble mentioning that I am Chinese/Spanish-Italian. My current favorite food or cuisine is probably Pho, Lao Jerky, and Broiled steak like they do at Ruth Chris, but not Ruth Chris because it costs too much, and tastes better at home anyways.
1. Orange juice and milk. The ratio should be 75/25 OJ. (not enough of either in fridge one day..)
2. Soy sauce, pepper, and red vinegar for dippin’ chicken.(My older cousins, from Mom’s side, made this)
3. Frosted Flakes and OJ. (again, lack of ingredients prompted this)
4. (This one I think is common, but again I think race is a factor) Egg in ramen noodles, or rice in ramen, or salsa, ground beef, or cilantro (about high school started hanging with Japanese folks)
5. Salsa and French fries (430am breakfast)
6. I actually eat the red stuff, canned cranberries, at Thanksgiving (I hated seeing uneaten food)
7. Peas and mayonnaise with red onions(Grandma’s recipe)